DISCOVER VIETNAM | WITIA EDUCATIONAL – 21-28 SEPTEMBER 2022
With so many areas still relatively untouched by tourism, Vietnam is a stunning, exciting country just waiting to be explored. Despite its turbulent history and the obvious impressions that the Chinese, French and Americans have left on the nation, Vietnam still retains its own very unique customs and traditions.
VISITING HANOI, HALONG BAY, HOI AN & SAIGON
- Day 1- 21 Sep: Hanoi arrival
Upon clearing Customs and Immigration, your guide will present you with a welcome packet including all necessary documentation and vouchers and all contact information of your guide and local offices.
Transfer by air-conditioned vehicle. (Group Transfer & Private transfer rates are provided)
Enjoy a welcome dinner at a local restaurant. (No host bar)
Overnight stay in Hanoi. Meal(s) included: Dinner including 1 unit of soft drink.
- Day 2- 22 Sep: Hanoi
Sightseeing in Hanoi (Half Day)
Begin the day by passing the Ho Chi Minh President’s Mausoleum (only viewed from the outside). Continue to the Temple of Literature with its walled courtyards and graceful gateways. Founded in 1070 and dedicated to Confucius, this was also the site of Vietnam’s first university. Finally, take a walk through the Old Quarter, a fascinating network of narrow alleys and shop houses also known as ‘The 36 Streets’ – each street being named after the merchandise traditionally sold there, ranging from fabrics to crafts and from medicines to tombstones. Enjoy Vietnamese coffee at a local coffee shop during your stroll. Stop at the Ancient House on Ma May Street, an excellent example of traditional Hanoian style architecture from days gone by.
Overnight stay in Hanoi
Meal(s) included: Breakfast
- Day 3- 23 Sep: HaLong o/n cruise
After breakfast travel from Hanoi (city) to Halong Bay (160 kms -3+ Hours)
Board the traditional cruise boat through Halong Bay.
Depart from Hanoi to Halong Bay; en route take a short stop for a break. Transfer with a tender to the comfortable cruise and enjoy a welcome drink aboard. Begin the cruise through majestic Halong Bay while lunch is served. Enjoy the magical bay where thousands of sculpted limestone islands rise from the waves like dragon’s teeth. The cruise continues cruising through a fishing village on the bay and passes the spectacular limestone caves dotted around the bay. Soak up the sun on the top deck with optional on-board activities: sunbathing, and photo opportunities abound. In the evening the chef will prepare a splendid meal comprised of fresh seafood dishes and other traditional dishes.
Kayak’s are available for anyone who wishes to enjoy kayaking in the bay.
Overnight stay on board.
Meal(s) included: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Day 4- 24 Sep: Hoi An
Greet the day with a morning Tai Chi exercise that offer a perfect opportunity to view the sunrise over the bay. After breakfast, visit a beautiful limestone grotto, then back to the boat for a final glimpse of the Halong Bay while cruising back to the dock.
Check out luggage and bid tidings to beautiful Halong Bay and drive to Hanoi airport.
By vehicle from Halong Bay to Hanoi Airport (Noi Bai Airport) (160 kms)
Fly from Hanoi to Danang.
Arrival in Danang.
Transfer from Danang airport to Hoi An (35 kms).
Overnight in Hoi An
Meal(s) included: Breakfast
- Day 5- 25 Sep: Hoi An
Overnight in Hoi An.
Meal(s) included: Breakfast, Lunch including 1 unit of soft drink
- Day 6- 26 Sep: Saigon
Sightseeing in Hoi An (2.5 hours)
Hoi An, a picturesque riverside town, was one of Southeast Asia’s major international ports during the 17th, 18th, and 19th centuries. This walking tour includes many of the town’s highlights. Visit the Japanese Covered Bridge, constructed in 1593 by the Japanese community to link the town with the Chinese quarters across the stream. Near the bridge is Sa Huynh Museum which houses exhibitions from the earliest period of Hoi An’s history.
Wander into the Tran Family Chapel, a 200-year-old house built for worshipping ancestors. Visit Phuoc Kien Assembly Hall, a Chinese pagoda built around 1690 and enlarged in 1900. It is typical of the Chinese clans in the Hoi An area and is dedicated to Thien Hau Thanh Mau, the Goddess of the Sea and Protector of Sailors and Fishermen. Also visit a Lantern Making Workshop to see how the frame is made and the silk cloth put onto the lantern. A nice souvenir to take home!
At leisure until transfer to Danang airport for your flight to Saigon.
Fly from Danang to Saigon.
Arrival in Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City)
Transfer from airport to your hotel.
Overnight in Saigon. Meal(s) included: Breakfast
- Day 7- 27 Sep: Saigon
AM: Sightseeing in Saigon (4 hours)
A vibrant metropolis, Saigon teems with energy, activity, and motion. Everywhere you look, you see the convergence of traditional and modern life. Begin the trip into modern history with a tour of the Reunification Palace. Formerly the Independence Palace of the South Vietnamese president, this 60s style building was famously stormed by tanks on April 30, 1975 signifying the fall of South Vietnam. It has been preserved in its original state, and the original tanks remain on display near the entrance gates.
Afterwards, drive to the historic center to visit the Emperor of Jade Pagoda, one of Saigon’s most interesting pagodas. Proceed to pay a quick visit to the neo-Romanesque Notre Dame Cathedral and the Central Post Office. Pass by the classic European-style landmarks such as the ornate City Hall (Hotel De Ville), the old Opera House (both may only be viewed from the outside). Later, end up at the central Ben Thanh Market, where vendors display a vast array of goods and handicrafts, appealing to every taste. A great place for souvenirs!
Visit Andre Mai Sen Vocational School (2 hours) Mr. Hoi’s charity
Spend the day meeting some of the inspirational locals in Saigon that are using their passion and skills to make a better life for disadvantaged youths. Our first visit is with Mr. Francis Van Hoi. Brought up in an orphanage, he spent his early years poor and disadvantaged. At the age of 23 he moved to Germany where he made a good life for himself as a chef, however, he longed to return to Vietnam to help other disadvantaged children. On his return, he set up the Andre Mai Sen Vocational School where disadvantaged children receive free tuition and accommodation, while learning how to cook and serve Western dishes. So far, the centre has trained 105 children, with all costs covered by Mr Hoi. (Donations welcome)
Hotel inspections (time permitting)
Transfer to/from restaurant for farewell dinner (no host bar)
Overnight in Saigon.
Meal(s) included: Breakfast, Dinner including 1 unit of soft drink
- Day 8- 28 Sep: Departure
Room until noon.
Transfer to the airport for your departure flight home or next destination (Group departure transfer/ Private transfer costs are provided below)
|COSTS IN USD – PER VIETNAM ITINERARY, PER PERSON, SHARING Valid for 21-28 September 2022 (7N/8D)|
|WITIA MEMBER RATES|
|Based on 15 – 19 paying pax – USD$1,595.00 per person, based on twin share|
|NON MEMBER RATE|
|Based on 15 – 19 paying pax – USD$1,695.00 per person, based on twin share|
|Single Supplement – USD$480.00|
- All prices are per person in USD, based on twin-sharing in double/twin rooms in the default hotel for the listed category and internal flights HAN/DAD/SGN.
- Costs are based on twin-sharing in double/twin rooms and includes internal flights HAN/DAD/SGN.
- Please be advised that a non-refundable deposit (USD$600 per pax) is required once booking confirmed to secure the services. Booking forms/passport copies with deposit is required.
- Trip protection insurance is highly recommended
- COVID19 Protocols, if applicable during the tour dated (Vaccination cards/PCR tests)
Things we include…
- All services as mentioned in your itinerary.
- 7 nights’ Accommodation in listed hotels or similar
- Regional English-speaking Tour guide services.
- Ground transportation in private, air-conditioned vehicle.
- Entrance fees per itinerary
- Drinking water and cold towels during sightseeing.
- Meals as stated in itinerary
- Internal flights Hanoi/ Danang/ Saigon (Economy class)
- Multi-lingual 24-hour customer support hotline in all destinations.
- Fully licensed and insured to international standard.
- All applicable local taxes.
Things we Don’t include…
- Visa fees
- Personal expenses
- Additional food & beverages during mealtime.
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional tours
Things you need to know…
- Additional airfare, airport taxes and fuel surcharges may apply.
- Current fuel surcharges are included, however, these are subject to change prior to tour start date.
- Additional charges may apply if changes or cancellations are made to flight tickets. We will notify you if ticket issuance deadlines are outside our standard terms and conditions.
- Breakfast box in case of very early morning departures.
- Where an extra bed is not available, a single supplement charge will be added for additional room.
- Where an extra bed is available, an ‘Extra Bed’ charge will be added.
- Infants under 2 years old are free of charge when travelling with a paying adult.
- Children under 12 years old receive a 30% discount when sharing existing bedding.
- If you have decided to travel on a local holiday or festival, certain rates may be higher. We will let you know right away if this condition applies to you.
- Accommodation is subject to availability until you have confirmed your booking and paid any relevant deposits.
- In the event your chosen hotel is not available alternatives will be offered.
- For Terms and conditions please refer to the booking form